Are You Ready to Start a Franchise?
February 09, 2018
Starting a franchise is a huge decision that comes with many benefits. We are always prepared to support our new franchisees, but we still encourage careful consideration before jumping onboard. We compiled a brief checklist to run through to find out if you’re ready to start your Jan-Pro journey.
- Do you view Jan-Pro as a sound investment? We fully believe the initial start-up costs with Jan-Pro are not a risk. That money is a sound investment into your future as an entrepreneur. Making a financial commitment is part of becoming a business owner, and is essential to your success.
- Do you like working hard?The Jan-Pro Atlanta community will support you as you put time into growing your franchise. You’ll be able to cultivate your own business and expand based on how much time you’re willing to put into the company. If you can look at each day and break down your work into manageable tasks and face a busy schedule head-on, franchising could be your next big career move.
- Do you practice balancing your personal life and professional life? Even though we encourage our franchise owners to work hard, we understand freedom and flexibility are two of the main motivators for entrepreneurs. One challenge many new franchise owners face is finding the balance between their work life and home life. When you become your own boss, make sure you are prepared to strike a healthy balance of personal and professional.
- Do you feel confident in your communication skills? Whatever your day at Jan-Pro might look like, you will need to tap into your communication skills. You might be hiring staff for your business, or setting up a meeting with a new client, or attending a Jan-Pro event where you can network with your peers. Being able to communicate well to a wide range of people is one of the most important soft skills in any field, especially when you are an entrepreneur.
- Do you consider yourself to be a leader? One of the most exciting things about starting a franchise with Jan-Pro is the opportunity to be a leader in your own business and your community. Leadership ability grows as you practice it, and you will have plenty of opportunities as a franchise owner. It will be up to you to encourage employees, make decisions that affect others, and know that the buck stops with you.
- Do you think you’re ready? At the end of the day, if you feel confident Jan-Pro is right for you, we want to help you reach your full potential as an entrepreneur. You may not have checked off every single thing on this list, but that is okay. Many of these skills and traits develop over time, and we are thankful to have an incredible support system in our current franchise owners.
While it can seem overwhelming to take a leap of faith and start a franchise, we know many people who have felt that way and went on to find success at Jan-Pro. If you’ve been interested in starting a franchise for awhile, we hope this list has been helpful to you. Contact us to speak to someone about your future at Jan-Pro.